Weston Turville CE School's mission statement is "to inspire, believe, achieve - together".
We provide a caring and stimulating environment underpinned by Christian values where our pupils achieve their best both personally and academically. Because we believe that God loves everyone, equality is very important to us and we welcome everyone regardless of faith, ethnicity, culture, age, gender and ability. Founded by Sir Arthur Isham, Rector of Weston Turville, in 1873, the school's central purpose was set out in its original trust deed - to educate the poor of the parish. As such, the staff and governors extend a special warm welcome to local families who are vulnerable and in need.
Making the most of the beautiful surroundings is one of our school's strong features and its attractive grounds include three playgrounds, a sports field and a four acre Nature Reserve which is regularly used for outside teaching. In addition to this, there are dedicated spaces in which our Early Years pupils can play and learn. Since January 2003, the school has been run as a Voluntary Aided Church School, with all staff appointed and employed by the school governors.
The History of our school
Situated at the foot of the Chiltern hills, 3 miles from the Buckinghamshire county town of Aylesbury, the school was founded in 1839 as a Church of England controlled school using the original schoolhouse, which is still to be found in the appropriately named School Lane.
The school was modernised and relocated to the end of School Approach in 1970 and, whilst still serving the village and parish of Weston Turville, now caters for up to 210 children from 4 to 11 years of age, with an attached pre-school for 3+. This modern site means that we now benefit from spacious, purpose built accommodation.