Early Years Foundation Stage
We aim to be a caring school that enables children to succeed as unique individuals and celebrates their achievements. We strive for a place where the children are inspired and develop interests in learning for life, within a happy, creative and secure environment. The Foundation Stage is the start of the children’s school life and we believe that we create strong foundations for the children which embed good attitudes for learning. These foundations are the building blocks to support children on their journey through a happy and successful life in education.
As a whole staff team we aim to:
- Create a stimulating learning environment which ensures each child achieves their full potential
- Ensure that every child receives a broad and balanced education of the highest standard, and are helped to discover their individual strengths
- Maintain a safe, caring, happy community where every child matters and each child feels safe, nurtured, loved and supported
- Encourage respect for each other and for the environment
- Create self-motivating, self-disciplined, confident, independent thinkers
- Nurture the spiritual, moral, social, emotional and physical wellbeing of each individual for life
- Build strong partnerships with families to create an open and welcoming school
- Develop and promote lively and inquisitive minds with the desire and skill to explore new ideas
- Foster a sense of awe and wonder and develop natural curiosity, so children enjoy learning in and out of school
- Encourage our children to believe in themselves, while equipping them with the fundamental skills to enjoy and achieve in life
- Interact with all of the children to develop language acquisition and oracy.
Our intention is to develop an ethos in which all will thrive. Diversity and differences will be valued, respected and celebrated by all, and these aspects will contribute to the richness of our school life and learning.
The children learn within the prime areas of learning:
- communication and language
- physical development
- personal, social and emotional development
The specific areas of learning are:
- understanding the world
- expressive arts and design